Nikolai's Roof Almond Macaroons
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix almond paste, both sugars, flour
and egg whites until well-blended and smooth. Pipe one-inch rounds onto a paper-lined
pan using a plain piping tip fitted in a pastry bag. With damp fingertips, press
down any peaks.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on pans before removing from paper.
Yield: about 50 (1-inch) macaroons
Per serving: 43 calories (percent of calories from fat, 26), 1 gram protein,
8 grams carbohydrates, no fiber, 1 gram fat, no cholesterol, 3 milligrams sodium
Source: Nikolai's Roof, Atlanta, Georgia
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.