Nina's Courtyard Spicy Tomato Chutney
- 2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped scallion greens
- In a saucepan, bring vinegars, sugar, salt, black pepper, chili flakes and mustard seeds to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, bell peppers and scallion greens. Simmer uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours, or until reduced to about three cups and thickened. Stir occasionally, increasing frequency of stirring in the last hour.
This chutney goes well on tri-tip or any form of roast beef.
MORE RESTAURANT RECIPES
Source: News 10 Midday - January 11, 2001, Sacramento, California - recipe courtesy Nina's Courtyard