Not Your Average Joe's Apple Souffle Pancake
The brunch menu at Not Your Average Joe's focuses on eggs. The restaurants
in Watertown, Needham, and North Dartmouth serve the pancake with sausage and maple
syrup. Bring the pancake to the table in the skillet and serve it with warm maple
syrup or fruit preserves.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
Add the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook, mixing occasionally, until the
apples are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks, milk, and water in a large bowl until blended.
- Add the sugar, salt, nutmeg, and flour, and whisk to combine the batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks. Fold into
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet over medium
heat until bubbly. Tip the pan to coat the bottom.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the apples on top.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with warm maple syrup.
Serves 3 to 4.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 3/18/2002 1:03 pm .
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes