Nut Tree Marshmallow Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and hot water. Heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Boil without stirring to firm ball stage (244 to 248 degrees F on a candy thermometer;
in humid weather cook to 248 degrees F).
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Slowly add hot syrup, beating at high speed until thick
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in mayonnaise and orange rind.
If thicker then desired, fold in 1 or 2 tablespoons more mayonnaise, or 1 or 2 teaspoons
Makes about 3 cups.
Source: Nut Tree - Vacaville, California