Olive Garden Chicken Spiedies
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boned, skinned, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut 1/2 x 1 inch 72 strips
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut 1/2 x 1-inch 48 strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut 1/2 x 1-inch
- 24 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water in the refrigerator overnight
- Add all ingredients except the chicken to a non-aluminum mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Pound the chicken breast between sheets of wax paper until an even thickness of 3/16 inch overall.
- Cut the chicken breast meat into 1 inch squares and add to the marinade, covering completely. Allow to marinate for 2 hours, refrigerated.
- Remove from the marinade after 2 hours and drain.
- Mix all ingredients together just until blended. Chill 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve cold.
- Assemble Spiedies in the following order: red bell pepper, onion, chicken (folded into "C" shape on the skewer), green bell pepper, onion, chicken, alternately, finishing with a red pepper strip after the 4th piece of chicken on each skewer.
Spread the skewered items out on each skewer, so they will cook quickly. Place the Spiedies on a grill or a griddle and cook approximately 1 minute per side, turning 4 times. Adjust the timing according to your equipment's heat output.
- Serve immediately, 4 per guest, with dipping sauce, about 1/4 cup per serving.
Source: Olive Garden