Olive Garden Five-Cheese Lasagna
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup spinach lasagna noodles or regular if unavailable
- Marinara sauce, as desired
- Extra Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Melt butter with medium heat in heavy 1 quart saucepan. Add flour and stir until well-blended; cook until frothy.
- Add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk as mixture comes to a simmer. Cook and stir until thickened (3-4 minutes).
- Chill while mixing other ingredients.
- Drain and mince tomatoes and garlic.
- Place other cheese filling ingredients in a 3 quart mixing bowl with tomatoes and garlic.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cooled cream sauce and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate, reserving 1/2 cup for later use.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Cool under cold water and drain. Place 3 lasagna noodles in a 9 x 13 x 2 inch lightly oiled baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups cheese filling over noodles; sprinkle with one cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup fontina cheese.
- Repeat pasta and cheese layering three more times; top with remaining three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 cup of reserved cream sauce over top and cover lightly with foil.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and keep warm at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with hot marinara and Parmesan cheese.
(Can be refrigerated a day before baking if desired.)