Olive Garden Florentine Lasagna
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 2/3 cups Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 4 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Marinara sauce or tomato-cream sauce as desired
- Extra Parmesan cheese
- Steam spinach until tender; press out excess moisture and chop coarsely.
- Chop mushrooms and onions and mince garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat until onions are tender; drain excess liquid and cool.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 2/3 cup Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, basil and oregano in large bowl.
- Add cooled spinach and mushroom-onion mixture and mix on low speed until just blended.
- Cook lasagna according to package directions; rinse under cool water and drain thoroughly.
- Place four lasagna strips in bottom of lightly oiled 9 x 13 inch pan, overlapping slightly. Top with 2 cups of spinach filling. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan. Repeat layering two more times and top with remaining four lasagna strips. Spread 1 cup of marinara or tomato-cream sauce over top and cover tightly with foil.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and keep warm for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Top with extra Parmesan cheese.
Can be refrigerated a day in advance of baking if desired.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Abilene Reporter News 3/10/94