Olive Garden Tiramisu Dessert
- 1 sponge cake (10- to 12-inch diameter, about 3 inches tall)
- 3 ounces strong black coffee or instant espresso
- 3 ounces brandy or rum
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese or mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups superfine or powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cut across middle of sponge cake forming two layers, each about 1 1/2 inches
- Blend coffee and brandy. Sprinkle enough of mixture over bottom half of cake
to flavor it strongly. Don't moisten cake too much or it may collapse on serving.
- Beat room-temperature cheese and 1 cup sugar until sugar is completely dissolved
and cheese is light and spreadable. Test for sweetness during beating, adding more
sugar if needed.
- Spread cut surface of bottom layer with half of the cheese mixture. Replace second
layer and top this with remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle top liberally with sifted
- Refrigerate cake for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Recipe by Chef Terry Henderson; Olive Garden Restaurant
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes