Omaha Steakhouse Lobster Bisque
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, rough chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups dry sherry
- 2 ounces lobster base
- 1 lobster shell (body, including head)
- Tabasco and chipotle pepper, to taste
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Heat butter over medium heat. Add flour; stir until dark brown.
- Add lobster shell, celery, carrots, onion and garlic; simmer over medium heat until wilted.
- Add sherry, cream and lobster stock (water, lobster base, pepper and tomato paste - previously mixed). Bring to a boil; lower heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir continuously through entire process and never allow scorching.
- Remove from heat. Strain.
Source: Omaha Steakhouse - Phoenix, Arizona