Original Oyster House Baked Stuffed Oysters
Yield: 2 servings
- 12 large oysters on the half shell
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced fine
- 3/4 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 16 strips crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 pounds shredded Swiss cheese
- Garlic butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- Open oysters, cut muscle and remove from shell. Scrub shells, rinse and set aside to dry.
- Sauté scallions lightly in garlic butter.
- In a mixing bowl fold together gently the crabmeat, scallions and bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper and a few drops of Tabasco and Lea & Perrins.
- Brush oyster shells with garlic butter and put oyster back in shell; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (preheated) for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place a small amount of crabmeat mixture on top of each oyster. top with crumbled bacon and cheese and place back in oven and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finish under broiler to brown cheese.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 2/20/2002 1:37 pm.
Source: Original Oyster House Seafood Restaurant, Mobile, Alabama