Our Gang Cafe Chicken Cacciatore
This is absolutely the best I've ever made...easy and makes a plentiful serving...reheats
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ounce chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 to 4 ounces cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced green bell peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 10 to 12 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces marinara sauce
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 pound package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 8 to 10 ounces vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet at medium to medium-high heat.
- Roll chicken pieces in flour and place in the hot oil, turning as they turn golden, but don't
let them turn brown!
- Remove the from the oil and set aside, covered.
- Drain off the used cooking oil, BUT USING THE SAME PAN, sauté the onions in olive
oil until golden.
- Stir in the rest of the sliced vegetables and chopped garlic until well incorporated.
- Return the chicken to the pan and carefully add the cooking sherry. Keep it at a
low boil until the liquid reduces by half.
- After it has reduced, add the chicken broth and the marinara sauce.
- Roll the butter in flour and add to the sauce. Let liquid reduce again. At this stage you
could take a bit of the liquid and coat the cooked spaghetti.
- Divide the cooked pasta on two dinner plates (or one serving dish) and pour the
sauteed veggies, chicken and sauce over it.
Posted by Annet at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Source: Our Gang Cafe Restaurant