P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons fermented black beans
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions (white part only)
- 4 ounces Peking Stir Fry sauce (see recipe below)
- 12 ounces unseasoned chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Dash of white pepper
Peking Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons shaohsing wine or sherry
- 2 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Chicken: Cut whole chicken breasts in half so you have 8 breast filets. Cut all breast
filets on a bias. Marinate with one (1) egg, 2 tablespoons canola oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Heat wok until very hot. Add oil, then chicken and cook until opaque all over.
- Strain and remove excess oil from wok.
- Add ginger, scallion and stir fry. Add chicken and garlic. Then add Peking stir
fry sauce and add chicken stock. Add sugar, then a dash of white pepper.
- Thicken with a cornstarch slurry (thin paste of cornstarch and water) to your
- Peking Stir Fry Sauce: Mix ingredients together until cornstarch is incorporated.
Stir well before using.
Makes 6 ounces Peking Stir Fry Sauce. Can be doubled or quadrupled. Will keep for one month refrigerated.
Sauce can be customized with chili paste, ginger, garlic or star anise to suit tastes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.