P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Chili-Orange Chilled Noodles
- 2 ounces Chili-Orange Sauce
- 10 ounces thin egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons carrots,
- 2 tablespoons scallion rings
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
For Chili-Orange Sauce
- 2 cups chili oil *
- 2 cups black soy sauce *
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- Zest from 6 fresh oranges, finely grated with
no white pith
- For chili-orange sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.
- For chili-orange chilled noodles: Cook noodles until al dente. Shock in generous
amounts of ice water, turning by hand to speed chilling. Drain very well.
- Coat lightly
with sesame seed oil.
- Blanch bean sprouts for 10 seconds in boiling water (no salt).
- Chill in ice bath and drain before using.
- Make Chili-Orange Sauce.
- Shake thoroughly. In a clean bowl, add noodles and 2 ounces sauce. Toss.
bean sprouts and carrots. Toss. Add additional ounce of sauce if needed. Don't
over-apply sauce. The mix should not be soupy.
- Using a chilled large noodle bowl, mound in the center of the bowl.
- Lightly garnish
with chopped peanuts, scallion rings and chopped cilantro.
* Ingredients can be purchased at local Asian market.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 7/23/01 4:06:17 pm.
Source: azfamily.com - Chef: Paul Muller - Restaurant: P.F. Chang's China