P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- 1 dozen shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- Cornstarch or potato starch
- Canola oil for frying
- Half a lemon, cut into thin slices
- Assorted vegetables cut into thin strips
Black Pepper Sauce
- 1 ounce table black pepper
- 1 ounce garlic
- 4 ounces tomato ketchup
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Lightly coat shrimp with starch. Fry in 3 inches of oil until lightly browned.
Make sure the oil is hot before you put the shrimp in. You can test the oil by dropping
a piece of green onion into the oil. If the onion bubbles and rises to the surface,
the oil is ready.
- After frying the shrimp, set them aside.
- In a hot wok, stir fry your favorite vegetables in approximately a tablespoon
of oil. Do not overcook.
- After the vegetables are heated, set them aside.
- In the same wok, stir fry the lemon pieces. When the lemon pieces are hot (about
2 minutes), add the shrimp back into the wok.
- Add as much of the pepper sauce to the shrimp as you like.
- Pour the shrimp, lemons and sauce over the vegetables.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.