P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Red Sauce Wontons
Won Ton Filling
- 1/2 pound shrimp, washed, peeled, deveined and finely minced
- 1/4 pound pork, trimmed, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons carrot, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Green onions to garnish
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 ounce white vinegar
- 1/2 ounce chile oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste
- 1 ounce granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Sesame oil to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Combine shrimp and pork mixtures. Make sure the mixture is smooth and not lumpy.
If you have a food processor, use it for the mix.
- With a small spoon, place a pea-size
mound of meat mixture into the won ton skin. Moisten the top and bottom corners.
Fold over and seal.
- Place on a plate, cover and place in refrigerator until ready
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix very well.
- Prepare garnishes.
- Have a soup pot
filled with chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then lower to a slight boil. Heat the
entire batch of sauce. Return to serving container.
- Cook won tons in boiling chicken
stock for approximately 2 minutes or until won tons float to the surface. Cook until
skins are soft.
- With a strainer, remove won tons into soup bowl.
- Mix; sauce well. Heat the sauce briefly or keep it hot by the steamer. Remember to mix sauce well
before you ladle it over the won tons, then ladle 1 ounce of sauce over the won
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.