P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Red Sauce Wontons
Won Ton Filling
- 1/2 pound shrimp, washed, peeled, deveined and finely minced
- 1/4 pound pork, trimmed, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons carrot, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Green onions to garnish
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 ounce white vinegar
- 1/2 ounce chile oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste
- 1 ounce granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Sesame oil to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Combine shrimp and pork mixtures. Make sure the mixture is smooth and not lumpy.
If you have a food processor, use it for the mix.
- With a small spoon, place a pea-size
mound of meat mixture into the won ton skin. Moisten the top and bottom corners.
Fold over and seal.
- Place on a plate, cover and place in refrigerator until ready
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix very well.
- Prepare garnishes.
- Have a soup pot filled with chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then lower to a slight boil. Heat the
entire batch of sauce. Return to serving container.
- Cook won tons in boiling chicken
stock for approximately 2 minutes or until won tons float to the surface. Cook until
skins are soft.
- With a strainer, remove won tons into soup bowl.
- Mix; sauce well. Heat the sauce briefly or keep it hot by the steamer. Remember to mix sauce well
before you ladle it over the won tons, then ladle 1 ounce of sauce over the won
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.