P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Roasted Chicken Cantonese Style
- 1 (4 pound) whole fresh chicken
- 4 ounces ginger root
- 2 tablespoons five spice powder
- 3 green onions (whole)
- 5 star anise
- 3 ounces ground bean sauce
- 1 orange peel
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Rinse and clean cavity of chicken.
- Peel and dice fresh ginger root.
- Mix together diced ginger, five spice powder, green onion, star anise, ground
bean sauce and orange peel.
- Fill cavity of chicken with mixed ingredients. Then truss the chicken with a
- Hang the chicken on hook in refrigerator.
- "Bathe" the chicken with water and baking soda.
- Brush with honey and vinegar.
- Hang the chicken in the refrigerator for three days, brushing twice daily with
honey and vinegar.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until 165 to 170 internal degrees
- Cut and serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/28/2002 10:28 pm.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - 12/1/00 - from P.F. Chang's
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes