P.F. Chang's Steamed Halibut
with Chili Lime Dressing
Chili Lime Dressing
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
(or substitute 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco)
- 10 ounces halibut filet (or other white fish)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, 1/8-inch slice
- Chili Lime Dressing
- 3 ounces mint, rough
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil, rough chop
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, rough chop
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots (1/8-inch slice fresh shallots,
deep fry at 350 degrees F until golden brown)
- 1 tablespoon pickled red chiles,
- Putting it Together: Place limes, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger and
chili sauce in blender and puree until smooth.
- To Prepare Fish: Steam fish fillet for 9-11 minutes.
- Fan out tomato and cucumber slices in a circle on a dan-dan bowl.
- Place steamed fish on top of tomatoes and cucumbers. Drizzle Chili Lime Dressing
over fish. Sprinkle herbs over entire dish. Sprinkle fried shallots over entire
dish. Sprinkle pickled red chiles over entire dish.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 8:44:35am 5/7/03.
Source: sonoranliving.com - Bob Tam & Paul Muller, P.F. Chang's, 10/7/2002