P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant
- 1 pound eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water to make a paste
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce (or substitute oyster sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (Sambal Oleck preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground bean sauce (Koon Chun preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine all Spicy Sauce ingredients and mix well.
- In a wok, deep-fry eggplant at 350 degrees F for 1 minute.
- Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile remove all but 1/2 teaspoon of oil from wok. On high heat, stir-fry
garlic for 5 seconds then add Spicy Sauce. Reduce heat and let sauce simmer 20 seconds.
Add eggplant and simmer for another 10 seconds.
- Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Serves 1 as entree, 2 as a side
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Kamela Rubio-Raffin 5/4/03.
Source: P.F. Chang's website
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.