Pagano's Chicken Marsala
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon shallot, diced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 4 whole mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup beef demi-glace *
- In a hot pan, sauté the sliced chicken breast in a small spoon of butter or olive
- When the chicken is cooked, add the chopped shallots, garlic and sliced mushrooms.
Stir in about 1/2 cup Marsala wine and 1/2 cup demi-glace. Let the sauce reduce
until it's creamy by stirring the mixture.
- Taste it, add salt or pepper, and serve.
* Claudio makes his own demi-glace, which is an extremely involved
process of reducing beef bones, stock and wine until it becomes a rich brown glaze.
Most markets carry (or can order) prepared demi-glace, which you should use for
Source: Claudio Pagano of Pagano's Restaurant, Hesperia, California - highdesert.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.