Painted Lady Restaurant Lemon Curd
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 12 egg yolks
- Place sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat while
stirring for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly stream hot mixture into egg yolks. Temper with
- Pour lemon curd back into saucepan, over medium heat, stir with a spoon (not
a whisk ) until thickened. It takes about 5-10 minutes Remove from heat.
- Incorporate 1 part at a time, (1/2 pound cold diced butter and 2 lemons zested
on a fine grater) until all are mixed in.
- Pour curd into a shallow long dish to cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop curd into a serving dish for a teatime treat!
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.
Source: 13 [email protected]