Painted Lady Cheese and Berry Stuffed Wontons
- Oil, for frying
- Wonton wrappers
- Mascarpone cheese (50/50 mix with whipping cream)
- Whipped cream (50/50 mix with mascarpone cheese)
- Berries, your choice
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Using tongs, dip wonton wrappers into oil heated to 350 degrees F. Use a bowl
or cup to shape the wrapper. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream with mascarpone cheese (50-50 mix). Stuff cheese mixture
into bottom of shell. Layer with berries of your choice and more of the cheese mixture.
Pour creme fraiche onto serving plate and garnish with powdered sugar.
- Creme fraîche: Mix together buttermilk with heavy whipping cream.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 10/16/2001 1:17 pm.
Source: by Chef Mickey Vernon, Painted Lady, Norfolk, Virginia - Source: 13News
Saturday September 1, 2001
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.