Palladio Restaurant Muffuletta Spread
This combination of black and green olives, onion and garlic is a rendition of
the relish served on the classic New Orleans sandwich called muffuletta from the
Palladio restaurant in the Hyatt Regency in Rochester, New York.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup pitted Spanish green olives
- 1 cup pitted brine-cured black olives (such as Kalamata)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Italian bread slices, toasted
- Combine first 10 ingredients in processor and chop coarsely. With processor running,
gradually add oil.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Serve with bread.
Source: Bon Appetit, March 1996
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes