Panda Express Chow Mein
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 pound cooked vermicelli noodles
- In a large heavy skillet heat the vegetable oil until it is hot but not smoking and in it stir-fry the scallions, cabbage, celery and bean sprouts for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the sugar, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture, stir it into the vegetable mixture, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes. Simmer until heated through and serve over noodles.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 4/23/02 9:02:42 pm.