Panda Express Orange Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless chicken pieces, skinned
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- White pepper
- Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash crushed hot red chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Orange Sauce for Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons minced zest and 1/4 cup juice from 1 large orange
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken pieces in 2-inch squares and place in large bowl. Stir in egg, salt,
pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
- Stir cornstarch and flour together. Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F. Add chicken pieces,
a small batch at time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp. (Do not
overcook or chicken will be tough.) Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and
drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Clean wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add ginger
and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add and stir-fry crushed chiles and green
onions. Add rice wine and stir 3 seconds. Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil. Add
cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth. Add to chicken
and heat until sauce is thick. Stir in 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Serve at once.
Makes 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.