Panda Express Spicy Chicken
- 3/4 pound seasoned chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 8 pieces whole dry chile pepper
- 1/2 cup chayote squash, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3/4 tablespoon crushed red chile pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash sesame oil
- Cornstarch mixture (1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- Heat a pot of boiling water to cook chayote. At the same time, heat 1/4 cup of
oil in wok until hot. Add chicken and stir-fry until done.
- Add onions and bell peppers and stir quickly until crisp. Remove and drain. Set
- Add chayote to boiling water for 60 seconds or until crisp and done. Remove and
drain; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok until hot. Add whole dry chile peppers, garlic
and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant. Add all remaining ingredients except cornstarch
mixture. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture. Add chicken and vegetables.
Coat evenly with sauce. Add roasted peanuts. Flavor with sesame oil if desired.
Remove and serve on platter.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Source: Panda Management Company - highdesert.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.