Panda Inn Kon Pao Chicken
- 1 pound cubed chicken
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chile pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in wok until hot. Fry peanuts until browned.
- Remove peanuts and add chicken. Stir fry until done. Remove and drain. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in wok until hot. Add dried chile pepper, garlic,
ginger and green onion. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Add chicken and peanuts. Flavor with sesame oil if desired.
- Remove and serve on platter.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Source: Panda Management Company - Posted by Veronica 09-19-2000 04:10pm