Panera Bread Company Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 small butternut squash, chopped
- 6 1/3 cups chicken stock (50.4 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Hot pepper sauce
- Melt butter over moderate heat in large saucepan. Add the onion and rosemary
and cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add chopped squash, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt, white pepper and hot sauce.
Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for approximately 2 hours - or until squash is tender.
- Use blender to puree the hot soup.
- Toast walnuts to use for garnish.
- Serve in a bread bowl.
Source: Panera Bread Company
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes