Panera Bread Bakery-Cafe Bread Pudding
with Apples, Pecans and Raisins
Delight guests with this fruity bread pudding made with their signature Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Raisin White Bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or rum
- 8 small baking apples (about 2 pounds) such as Fuji, Gala or Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple, quince, or blackberry jam or jelly
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well coated.
- Add the sugar, pecans, orange zest and juice, cider, and vanilla extract.
- Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until a sauce begins to form.
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer the bread mixture with the apples and dot
the top with the jam or jelly.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Source: Panera Bread