Papagayo Green Corn Tamale Casserole
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup large curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (17 ounce) can white cream style corn
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans green chiles, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound longhorn cheese, grated
- Grease 2-quart baking dish.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Beat yolks until thick and lemon colored.
Stir cornmeal and salt into scalded milk, beating hard. Cook a few seconds over
low heat stirring until mixture is consistency of thick mush.
- Blend in butter, corn, cottage cheese and finally baking powder. Fold in yolks,
then whites. Pour into baking dish in layers of batter, grated cheese and chile,
last layer being batter.
- Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or until fluffy
and golden brown.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Source: Papagayo Mexican Restaurant, Tucson, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes