Pappadeaux Blackened Oyster and Shrimp Fondeaux
Oysters and Shrimp
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oysters blackened seasonings, to taste
- Melted butter as needed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 to 5 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Garlic bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp stock or water
- 1/2 cup white wine Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Prepare shrimp stock by boiling down 1 cup of shrimp shells in 4 cups of water.
Boil shells for 30 minutes.
- Make sauce and set aside.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan; whisk in flour and chopped onion. Cook over
medium heat until onion is tender.
- Slowly stir in stock and wine; whisk until smooth.
- Add cayenne and salt; Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from
heat and set aside.
- Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in most supermarkets).
- Melt butter in hot sauté pan, and sauté shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per
- Add spinach, mushrooms, crab and green onion. Sauté until mushrooms and spinach
- Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour into heatproof dish; top with
- Place under a broiler until cheese melts. Use garlic bread as dippers.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Dallas Morning News