Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 1/3 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar for decorating
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugars and shortening using an electric mixer.
Mix on slow speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Increase
speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Slowly add vanilla extract and egg while
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually
add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended.
Do not over-mix.
- Dough may be rolled out on lightly floured board and cut with cookie cutters
or scooped with an ice cream scoop and placed directly on cookie sheet. If scooped,
flatten with palm of hand.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 to 10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks
appear. Ideally, the edges do not brown.
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar after baking.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Approximate values per serving (1 cookie): 195 calories, 12g fat, 5 mg cholesterol,
1 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 0fiber, 50 mg sodium, 53 percent calories from
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes