Paradise Bar and Grill Conch Fritters
- 1 pound prepared conch meat, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 white onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons Jerk Sauce
Caribbean Tartar Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 tablespoons minced sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Fritters: Put conch in batches through a food processor until it is finely chopped. Transfer
to large bowl and stir in the eggs. Place the garlic, green pepper, onion, carrot
and celery stalks through food processor until finely chopped. Drain the vegetables
in a sieve lined with cheesecloth , then add to the conch in the mixing bowl. Stir
to combine the ingredients.
- Stir the flour and baking powder together, then mix in with the other ingredients.
Add the salt, milk and jerk sauce. Fold everything together to form a thick dough.
Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Heat deep fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the dough and let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drop by the tablespoonful into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Be careful
not to make the spoonfuls of batter too large or the dough may not cook in the center.
Drain the fritters on paper towels and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh lemon
or lime wedges and serve with Caribbean Tartar Sauce.
- Caribbean Tartar Sauce: Blend all ingredients and chill.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes