Paragary's Bar and Oven Grilled
Bread with White Bean Puree
- 1 round country style bread
- 2 cups white bean puree
- 1 bunch Broccolini sweet baby broccoli
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 good size piece Parmesan for shaving
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Virgin olive oil
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- For the bread: Slice the bread in half vertically, then place each loaf cut side
down and slice into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and grill over a charcoal fire (or place
under a broiler) until nicely browned on both sides.
- While the bread is still warm, rub one side with a fresh clove of garlic. Set
- For the white bean puree: Sauté the minced onion in a little olive oil until
it begins to soften. Add one clove minced garlic and the chopped rosemary.
- When the onion is translucent, add the bean puree and continue cooking over low
heat until the beans are thick and creamy. Keep warm.
- For the Broccolini baby broccoli: Cook the Broccolini baby broccoli in boiling
salted water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and plunge in ice water
to stop the cooking.
- Chop the Broccolini baby broccoli into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large sauté pan,
heat a little olive oil and the chopped Broccolini baby broccoli.
- Season with a pinch of minced garlic, hot pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground
pepper. Keep warm.
- To assemble: Spread each piece of bread with some of the warm bean puree. Top
with a generous amount of the Broccolini baby broccoli. Garnish with a drizzle of
olive oil and a few shards of Parmesan cheese.
Posted by Gram'Cracker at Recipe Goldmine 1/3/2002 2:01 pm.
Source: Kurt Spataro, Paragary's Restaurant Group, Sacramento, California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes