Paragary's Bar and Oven Yukon Gold
Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- 4 ounces rindless Gorgonzola cheese
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Start by preparing the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring
to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check for seasonings and adjust as necessary.
- Now, put together the gnocchi. Fill a large pot with cold water to just above
the top of the potatoes and salt the water with one tablespoon of sea salt. Bring
the potatoes to a boil, then simmer until tender. When done, remove from the water
- When cool, peel off skin and put the potatoes in a mixer. Add the salt, nutmeg
and egg yolks. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined. Slowly add flour until
the mixture starts to pull away from the bowl. Do not overmix!
- Put the dough on
a cutting board, then cut off small pieces (two to three ounces) and knead and roll
into a cylindrical shape. Cut half-inch long dumplings, and pinch lightly to shape
like a bowtie. Once all gnocchi are cut, immerse in rapidly boiling salted water
for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Remove from the water, drain, and place on a serving plate.
- Ladle the Gorgonzola cream sauce over the gnocchi, add the chopped chives, freshly
milled black pepper and grated Parmesan Reggiano.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/22/2002 12:51 am.
Source: News 10 Midday, Sacramento, March 5, 2001, kxtv.com - Recipe courtesy
of Paragary's Bar and Oven
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes