Pasta & Company Duffy Clark's Minted Rice Salad
I got this recipe from an employee at Pasta & Co. in Seattle. It makes a
large batch but it will disappear fast.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice (cooked)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice (3-4 limes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 cans white tuna packed in water (drained)
- 2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups thin sliced celery
- 2 cups frozen baby peas defrosted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cool cooked rice to room temperature.
- In large bowl combine lime peel, juice and mint.
- Drain tuna and mix with lime mixture.
- Fold in rice.
- In separate small bowl combine mayo, buttermilk, sugar, mustard and Tabasco and
pour over rice.
- Fold in celery, peas, green onions and parsley.
- Chill and serve.
Posted by Caroleann at recipegoldmine.com.