Pasta e Pani Raviolo Aperto
- 8 sheets fresh pasta, cut 4 x 4
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops
- 2 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 ounces celery, julienne
- 3 ounces carrots, julienne
- 3 ounces zucchini, julienne
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 2 medium ripe fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces soft butter unsalted
- 6 leaves fresh basil, julienne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- Cooking square pasta: In a large shallow pot, put 3 quarts water with 1 tablespoon
salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil and bring to a boil. Add the pasta 1 sheet at a
time; let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and separate the sheets placing them on a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil. Let it get hot, add garlic and cook until light golden.
- Add scallops; sauté for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes, let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and the vinegar and let reduce, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture of scallops with a slotted spoon over precooked square pasta,
leaving some of the juice in the pan. Cover the mixture with another square pasta.
Put the pan with juice back on the fire and add the parmesan and soft butter, mixing
it with a whisk until it becomes creamy. Put it over the pasta and serve, sprinkled
with chopped fresh basil.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 2:11:02 pm.
Source: by: Chef Angelo Serre - Pasta E Pani, Virginia Beach - Source: 13News
Lunchbreak May 22 , 2001
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes