Pat's King of Steaks Philadelphia
Cheese Steak Sandwich
- 1 (24 ounce) rib eye or eye roll steak, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons soybean oil
- Cheez Whiz*
- 4 crusty Italian rolls
- 1 large Spanish onion
- Optional: sweet green and red bell peppers, sautéed in oil
- Mushrooms, sautéed in oil
* American or Provolone works fine.
- Heat an iron skillet or a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of
oil to the pan and sauté the onions to desired doneness. Remove onions and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and sauté the slices of meat quickly on both sides.
- Melt the Cheez Whiz in a double boiler or in the microwave. Place 6 ounces of
the meat into each of the rolls; add onions, and pour the Cheez Whiz over top.
- Garnish with fried sweet peppers, mushrooms and ketchup.
Source: Pats King of Steaks
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes