Patti's 1880 Restaurant Boo-Boo Pie
A fudgy, brownie-like layer forms the crust for this diet-busting "pie"
(it's worth the calories).
- 2 2/3 cups coconut (one 7 ounce bag)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix together coconut and milk; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a microwave set at medium heat (this should
take about 3 minutes). Stir until smooth. Combine with sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla
- Spoon this chocolate batter into the pie pan and spread over the bottom of the
- Spread coconut-milk mixture on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border between it and
the edge so the chocolate layer can form a crust as the pie bakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.