Peabody Hotel Capellini Granchi di Mare
- 1 pound fresh angel hair pasta
- 4 ounces diced leeks
- 5 red beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 yellow tomatoes
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo crabmeat
- 2 ounces fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small pot, simmer 3 quartered beefsteak tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in salt-seasoned water for 2 minutes.
- Remove and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil.
- Chop remaining tomatoes. Sauté with leeks and crab until hot.
- Evenly divide tomato puree into four pasta bowls.
- Add pasta.
- Spoon crab sauté on top.
- Garnish with basil.
Yield: 4 generous servings
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 511; Fat 25 g; Carbohydrate 46
g; Cholesterol 112 g; Sodium 969 mg; Protein 28 g
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/18/01 10:46:04 pm.
Source: orlandosentinel.com - from The Peabody Hotel's Capriccio - Published
April 26, 2001