Peacock Hill Bourbon Brownies
- 1 package brownie mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions. Add nuts. Pour into jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour bourbon over hot brownies. Refrigerate.
- Cream butter, extract and sugar. Spread on cold brownies.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Spread over top.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
Posted by Footsie at Recipe Goldmine 9/17/2001 5:59 am.
Source: Peacock Hill - College Grove, Tennessee - Posted by Terry/TX June 26
Note: I forgot to buy chocolate chips so I just microwaved a can of frosting
for about 45 seconds till runny and poured on top. It will harden a little after
it cools. - Lori