Peapod Secret Butcher's Recipe Prime Rib
- 1 (5-6 pound) prime rib
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub prime rib with olive oil.
- Combine all spices in a bowl; apply liberally to surface of roast.
- Place in oven, then immediately turn heat down to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes per pound or
until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F for medium-rare.
- Remove beef from pan, cover with foil tent to keep warm.
- Place pan on stove top and de-fat juices. Add broth, wine and shallots; simmer
over low heat until reduced by half.
- Serve au jus alongside carved roast.
Serves 6 to 8.
Source: Tony Stallone, Peapod, Chicago, Illinois
Nutrition values per serving: 753 calories, 48 g fat, 3 g carbohydrates,
1 g fiber, 69 g protein, 201 mg cholesterol, 1,153 mg sodium