Pearl Oyster Bar Lobster Rolls
- 4 (1 pound) lobsters* or 1 pound lobster meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 top-loading hot dog buns
- Garnish: chopped chives
- Immerse lobsters in rapidly boiling water. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until
- Plunge lobsters in ice water for 10 minutes to stop cooking, and cool thoroughly;
- Separate tail and claws from the body; discard body. Crack shells, and remove meat, discarding shells and cartilage. Chop meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine lobster, mayonnaise, and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Press open buns, and place in skillet, turning to coat both sides. Cook buns until golden brown on both sides.
- Fill bun with lobster filling, and sprinkle with chopped chives, if desired.
- Serve with shoestring French fries and baby lettuce, if desired.
* The Pearl Oyster Bar uses the less expensive culls or lobsters missing one or more claws.
To save on cooking time, have your seafood market steam and chop your lobster meat.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7/24/02 1:36:01 pm.
Source: Coastal Living magazine