Pebbles Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 1 1/2 pounds brioche (a French yeast bread available by special order at full-service bakeries)
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 10 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Brandy Sauce
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- Remove crusts from brioche. Cut into cubes and dip in butter. Put on baking sheet
and toast in oven. Arrange bread in a buttered 2- to 2 1/2-inch deep pan (12 or
13 inches square).
- Bring milk and cream to a boil; remove from heat. Add a little of the hot mixture
to yolks to bring up the temperature. Whisk yolks and sugar into milk mixture. Melt
chocolate. Stir chocolate into custard. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour over bread.
Work custard into bread. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Put pan in a larger pan with hot water coming halfway
up sides to make a water bath. Bake 1 hour.
- To make sauce, melt white chocolate in double boiler. Remove from heat source.
Let cool at room temperature. Using a wooden spoon, gently fold in whipped cream.
Stir in brandy or liqueur of choice. Refrigerate.
- Serve cold over bread pudding.
Yield: 12 servings; 1/2 cup sauce
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Source: Dorothy Chapman - March 2, 2000 - A reader requested the recipe for Pebbles'
Chocolate Bread Pudding. Pebbles restaurants are located in Altamonte Springs, Lake
Buena Vista, Winter Park and Orlando.