Pebble's Creamy Clam Chowder
- 3 cups clam juice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup small (1/4-inch) diced onions
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup small (1/4-inch) diced celery
- 2 cups small (1/2-inch) diced potatoes, peeled and parboiled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 1 pint heavy cream
- In a large saucepan heat 3 cups clam juice to a simmer.
- In a soup pot, melt butter. Add onions. Sauté until translucent. Whisk in flour.
Cook 3 minutes over low heat. Slowly whisk in heated clam juice until there are
- Bring mixture to a boil. Turn down heat to simmer. Add celery and potatoes. Whisk
in salt and pepper. Let mixture simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chopped clams. Return to simmer. Whisk in cream and cook until desired serving
temperature is reached.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 10/30/2001 9:37 am.
Thought You'd Never Ask (Restaurant Recipes) - Orlando Sentinel - October