Pebbles Portabello Mushroom Sandwich
- Marinade of balsamic vinegar and oil
- 4 ounces portobello mushroom
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1/4 ounce red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 ounce minced garlic
- 2 ounces julienned yellow onion
- 2 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 7-inch French baguette, sliced
- 1/4 ounce Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Marinate the portobello in the vinegar and olive oil mixture for 1 hour.
- Slice into 5 to 6 pieces.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté mushrooms in butter with onions, garlic
and red bell peppers for 1 to 2 minutes until onions start to caramelize.
- Place cheese into the sliced baguette. Bake 1 minute in a 350 degree F oven until
cheese is melted.
- Deglaze sauté pan with Balsamic vinegar and toss in spinach. Place all ingredients
inside baguette. Top with tomatoes.
Yield: 1 serving
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Source: Thought You`d Never Ask - Dorothy Chapman - March 8, 2001