Pedro's Steak Burritos with Guacamole
If you have a perforated grill rack or wok for your grill, you can cook the vegetables
while the steak grills — simplifying the process for this casual summer supper.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 (2 pound) beef flank steak
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 1/2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion
- 3 large Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- Marinade: In a large shallow dish, combine the olive oil, cumin,
red pepper flakes, cayenne, garlic, onion, cilantro, salt and lime juice.
- With a small sharp knife, score the steak on both sides and place in the marinade,
spooning some over the steak. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- Before serving, preheat the grill to medium hot.
- Guacamole: Grate the jalapeno, tomatoes and onion into a bowl (or
chop in a food processor or by hand). Slice the avocados lengthwise in half, remove
the pits and with a spoon scoop out the flesh into the bowl. Mash the mixture with
a fork, and stir in the cilantro, salt and lime juice. Set aside.
- Burritos: Heat the oil in a wok and cook the onion until it begins
to caramelize, then add the red and green peppers and cook until tender (or toss
the onion and peppers with the olive oil and cook on a perforated grill rack on
the grill). Season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak, about 6-7 minutes per
side, until done.
- To serve, slice the steak thinly across the grain. On each tortilla, place a
few slices of steak, some vegetables and a tablespoon each of the guacamole and
sour cream, then roll tortilla.
Per serving, without guacamole: 769 calories (percent of calories from fat,
36), 36 grams protein, 86 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams fiber, 30 grams fat (11 grams
saturated), 64 milligrams cholesterol, 804 milligrams sodium
Per serving of guacamole: 132 calories (percent of calories from fat, 73),
2 grams protein, 8 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 12 grams fat (2 grams saturated),
no cholesterol, 129 milligrams sodium
Source: Atlanta Journal Constitution
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes