Perini Ranch Steakhouse Bread
Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract (Mexican, if available)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels
- Bread Pudding: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs, and add the butter, vanilla extract and milk.
- Gradually add the sugar and mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- Place bread cubes in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish.
- Pour liquid over bread, making sure all the pieces are fully saturated.
- Sprinkle pecans over bread and push them down into the bread.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Whiskey Sauce: Combine the ingredients in a medium saucepan, Stir constantly
over low heat until mixture reaches a low, rolling boil.
- Pour a small amount over the individual servings of bread pudding.
Serves 8 to 10.
Nutritional analysis per serving with whiskey sauce: 394 calories, 17 grams
fat, 56 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams protein, 82 milligrams cholesterol, 180 milligrams
sodium, 40 percent of calories from fat