Perini Ranch Steakhouse Jessica's
Favorite Green Chile Hominy
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion, sautéed
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white hominy (drain and reserve liquid)
- 1/2 cup hominy liquid
- 1 tablespoon juice from pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped (reserve drippings)
- 1 cup fresh seeded and chopped poblano or Anaheim peppers
- 1 or 2 pickled jalapenos, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Sauté the onions in a little of the bacon drippings and put aside.
- Heat the hominy in a separate sauté pan, stirring often. When heated thoroughly, add the hominy liquid and jalapeno juice, bring back to high temperature and add 3/4 of the cheese. When the cheese melts, add half the peppers and bacon and all the onion.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bacon and peppers. (At this point it can be refrigerated or even frozen, if you want to make it in
- Bake at 325 degrees F until cheese on top melts, about 15 minutes (or 40 minutes, if refrigerated).
Per serving: 218 calories, 10 grams fat, 23 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams protein, 24 milligrams cholesterol, 500 milligrams sodium, 42 percent of calories from fat