Perini Ranch Texas Beef Brisket
Fired up with garlic, onion and savory spices! Start with a tasty dry rub and
finish by basting this beef brisket for a carnivore's feast.
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder,
black pepper, sugar, dry mustard and crushed bay leaf.
- Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub. Place in roasting pan and
roast, uncovered, for one hour at 350 degrees F.
- Add the beef broth and enough water to make 1/2 inch liquid in roasting pan.
Lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours
or until fork tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain.
Source: Texas Beef Council and Tom Perini