Perini Ranch Steakhouse Texas Gingerbread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour and sugar. Cut in the butter. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and ginger to the remaining flour
- Stir in the eggs and buttermilk. Do not use an electric mixer.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved topping over the
batter and bake for 45 minutes, or until done.
Serves 10 to 12.
Source: San Antonio Living 02/03/05